It Really is Just Stuff

Ever wonder how you would handle losing all of your possessions? Think about it. What would you do if you lost your home, your car, your clothes, jewelry, electronic gadgets, every thing that meant something to you? In a time when amassing stuff seems to be the norm, we often convince ourselves that our lives would be incomplete without these things, that somehow, we would be less of a person if not surrounded by our worldly items.


I am guilty of this. I like to think I'm above it, that I have a loose grip on the things of this world and could move through the rest of my life without so much. And in my heart, I know it's true. But every now and then, I catch glimpses of a person who sometimes feels she is defined by how much, or how little, she has. 


Today, as I learned of dear friends losing their jobs during one of the worst economic times our country has seen in memorable history, I was reminded of what is really important, of who I really am and what defines me. I am grateful to still have a job, my health, a husband who loves me, and my family around me. If all else went away, even my job, I would still be wealthy beyond measure.


I pray those faced with the challenges of this economic downturn remember what is important this holiday season. Hold your families close, bask in the little things, and remember that God has a plan.


Praying peace, love and hope for all those affected.
Merry Christmas and may the new year be filled with the wealths that can not be taken from you.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.