Observations from Married Life

I have never been one to watch the news. Prior to being married, I lived in a bubble, a bubble where the morning, evening, or nightly news simply did not exist. Neither did televised sporting events. Sure, I might have gone to a SuperBowl party here and there, but honestly I was in it for the commercials. And the food, of course.

As luck would have it, I married a man who is a news and sports junkie. He can watch CNN for hours. And he loves watching almost any televised sporting event. I've even caught him watching bowling tournaments!

When we first got married, his constant news watching really grated on my nerves. Seriously. But after a time, the news became white noise. And then, much to my surprise, and not infrequently to my chagrin, I actually started wanting to watch the news.

Same with the sports. Now granted, I won't voluntarily watch a bowling tournament. Don't ever expect that to change, either, but one never knows. Football, however, I've actually learned to love. So much so that during the AFC Championship game this year, he keep flipping the channels during the game. I finally had to tell him to put the game on and leave it on, as I wanted to watch it. HA! Even as I type that, I can't help but wonder, "who are you?!"

Some might think I'm trying to change myself to accomodate who my husband is. And maybe I am, to some degree. I, however, prefer to call it evolution. After all, don't we all grow, change, evolve over time? And if my husband and I evolve together, won't that ultimately make us a stronger couple?

Here's to healthy evolution!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.