On Track... So Far

It's officially the middle of January and so far, thankfully, I'm on track to meet at least one of my fitness goals: I ran my first 5K of 2010 last week.

Not a huge deal, I know. Except for the fact that it was 19 degrees outside! I am still surprised I actually made it out to this race, the appropriately named "Snowman Shuffle". It certainly felt like I was shuffling.

Running in that kind of cold is a new experience for me. Who are we kidding, running in general is pretty new to me, as are most experiences involving running. But the cold, well, the hardest thing to cope with was sucking in all that cold air. Only halfway into the run my back started tightening up; since I'd never experienced this before, I figure it was probably just the cold air intake.

Nonetheless, I finished. Official race times indicated I finished about 43 seconds slower than my last race in December. I was disappointed, but hey, I'm blaming the cold for the slower run time. Well, that and the new shoes! :)

Here's hoping my February race is warmer and faster!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.