Updates and Other Such Nonsense

It's been a while since I posted and man, have I missed you guys! So much has been happening that I have much to tell you.

First, I have a new job! This actually happened about four weeks ago; I went to work for a company I'd worked for about six years ago. So far I'm having a blast; my new team is awesome and it's wonderful seeing so many old friends. The work is challenging and is giving my brain a much needed workout. Second time I've been really blessed with a job I love.

Now, a brief update on the weight loss. I am happy to report I've lost four pounds in the last week. Not as much as I'd hoped, but I keep hearing that slow and steady is the best way to lose weight... and keep it off!

I think I've sorted out the issues that were preventing the slideshow from loading on my website - yay! If you happen to check it out and see issues, please come back and leave me a message so I can fix this!

I've finished at least one photo editing job and am well into the second. Hope to have that done soon and am super grateful my friend has been ultra-patient with me on getting her images back to her.

I'm learning daily all kinds of new features on my camera; this thing is amazing!
I can't wait to shoot the Big Apple with this baby.

And that brings us to the best update.
I'm just a week away from starting my NYC Photo adventure! Now, while I am beyond excited about this, there is one tiny hiccup in my grand plan. Maybe two.

First, my 3G iPad will not be delivered in time for me to take it with me; [insert mournful wail here]. There went my plans to blog on the magical device while in the Big City. Worry not my lovelies, I have every intention to do a bit of micro-blogging on the trusty iPhone. I don't want to bring the heavy Macbook, so any images I post while in the city will likely be taken with said trusty iPhone. But as the primary purpose of this trip is to exercise the new photog hardware, rest assured, upon my return, I will be posting many photos of the city and [not as many] of our [mis]adventures. The second possible hiccup: the current weather forecast is predicting rain for the five days I'll be in New York. Boo.

With or without the iPad, rain or shine, I'm excited, ecstatic, overjoyed to be returning to the City. The energy, the myriad of cultures, the food! Looking forward to visiting some old, touristy haunts: the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center as well as checking out some new spots (at least, new for me): Balthazar, FAO Schwarz, the musical Chicago, the offices of Aperture. There's an unending parade of things to see and do in this fantastic city, and I plan to soak it all up and in while photo-documenting the entire experience. THIS is what God wired me for. The whir of the focusing apparatus, the sound of the shutter going off, the weight of the camera. The freeze-framing of a moment that will never again occur in time. Hm. I gotta go. My camera beckons.

Here's to happy snaps in the Big Apple, at home, and around the world!

Share

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.