Exercise in Discipline

I have this image of myself in my head. In this image, I am thin. I am wearing frayed denim shorts, a flowy white top with lots of long bead necklaces around my neck. My hair is in a loose ponytail and I've got the coolest, shorty cowboy boots adorning my feet. I look great. And more importantly, I feel AMAZING.

I have a ways to go before I make this image a reality, despite the fact that I've already got the shorty cowboy boots. I realize that this image will involve some work, serious  commitment, and a big helping of discipline.

Since all of these have been lacking the last few weeks, and subsequently I've seen the scale stick at a number I'm still not happy with, it's time to get back on track with my program.

The first step? Cut out those things that stimulate my appetite. Most of these involve sugar, which I still try to have in limited quantities. But I have a definite weak spot for coffee. Drinking coffee somehow makes me want to nosh on tasty things, usually baked goods chock full of things I have no business eating. I realize it is likely a purely psychological connection but be that as it may, I will do whatever it takes to achieve that image in my head. Even if it means no coffee. It is a form of disciplining myself back into a mindset of mind over matter. It is a form of reminding myself that I am not controlled by food. It is the first step in bringing the girl in my head to life.

Here's to hippy chic in shorty cowboy boots!

Share

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.