Ugly Shoes

Ordered two really cute pairs of flats the other day.

The first pair: this adorable, leopard print silk number by Rocket Dog. Just precious!


The second pair: Sweet, candy apple red patent leather with a shiny buckle. Love these.




Received them today and immediately proceeded to try them on. I was disappointed when both pairs turned out to be too narrow for my foot. I tried telling myself they would stretch out, but fact of the matter is, having spent the last six years trying to get rid of plantar fasciitis, I refuse to do anything that will hurt my feet, even if it means giving up adorable flats such as these.

While at the store returning these great little shoes, I saw a display for Skechers Shape Ups, and remembered a tweet from a friend about how these are supposed to help make the most of your walking time, helping tone your muscles by mimicking the effects of walking in sand.

Now I don't know that I necessarily believe this, but I'd been hearing about these shoes for some time and since I had a store credit I figured, "why not?"

A little voice at the back of my head replied, "cause they're UGLY!"


I turned a blind eye to the lack of aesthetic appeal; the sparkly, bling-y touch at the laces was nowhere near enough dazzle to make these clogs even a little cute.

No, I definitely didn't get these for looks. 

As I had some more errands to run, I immediately put these on and proceeded to spend the next two hours walking around in the Shape Ups. I've no idea if they are doing or will do what Skechers claims they do. But I can tell you that my legs are notably more tired than if I'd been in my regular shoes. I suppose only time will tell if there is any truth to the claims. 

In the meantime, I'll wear my ugly shoes whenever I'll be walking for long periods, in the hopes of integrating my weight loss and fitness efforts into even the most mundane of activities.

Here's to making the most of walking!

Share

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.