Rules of Dieting

I should make clear, right up front, that I am not a nutritionist. Nor a doctor. Nor an expert of any kind. So when I tell you today's post is about the rules of dieting, please note they are my rules.

My blog, my rules.

I'm not great with rules. I'm the first to admit that. So I guess you could say these are more things I've learned on my ongoing weight loss journey and less rules. Besides, rules tend to make us not want to follow them. It's the rebel in us all. I get that. So fine. We won't call these "rules". We can call them "guidelines." Whatever works, right?

Anyway, whatever you decide to call them, here are Dyana's Rules of Dieting, in no particular order:

Rule #1 - Never let yourself get to that point where you're telling yourself, and everyone around you, that you're starving. This inevitably results in over-eating.

Rule #2 - If you break rule #1, eat a small portion of whatever you're consuming and drink at least two glasses of water with this meal. If you think you're still hungry, wait at least one hour before eating again. I have this rule because usually, if I wait that long, I'll find I'm really not hungry anymore. It's when I don't wait that I end up over-eating and then wind up feeling guilty and gross over the whole mess.

Rule #3 - If you break rule #2, go work out. Go for a walk or run or for a bike ride. Head to the gym for some cardio. Dance around your living room. Doesn't matter what you do, just do something. The best thing you can do when you actually do over eat is exercise.

Rule #4 - Don't break rules 1 and 2!

I broke rules 1 and 2 tonight, but invoked rule #3 and am glad I did. One of the best lessons I've learned in all this is that determination, or coraje as we say is Spanish, goes a long way!

Here's to the strong-willed!
Share

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.