Tackling Twenty Pounds

As you may or may not know, I recently lost thirty pounds. Yay me! The fact remains, however, that I still have quite a bit to lose before I reach a healthy weight. And I'm certainly not going to accomplish this sitting on my butt playing on the computer. Fear not, my lovely fans, I will not abandon you or this blog. I may have to cut back on Facebook time, but hey, don't we all need to cut back on our Facebook time?

Since the scale hasn't dipped past the original thirty pounds lost marker in about forty five days I know it's time to go back to the basics: easting less, and healthier, and moving more.

Because the scale also hasn't gone up (again, yay me!) I took a vacation from the low-carb diet I'd been on and allowed myself to indulge, occasionally, in some not so low carb choices. The indulgence was infrequent, and I tried to balance it with workouts, but this only allowed me to maintain the new weight I'd achieved. Now I must get back on the losing plan.

I'm using the start of the new month as a launching pad; new month, new plan for weight loss. I'm especially motivated to lose twenty pounds over the next four weeks, as I will be leaving for my highly anticipated New York spring fling in just twenty eight days, and I hope to put a slimmer me on that plane the day of departure.

Twenty pounds is a lot for this timeframe, I know. But with some dedication to daily exercise, a new commitment to omitting starchy carbs from my meals, and a ton of determination, I know I can do it. After all, I've already proven that it can be done once.

This time, I also have the added bonus of having a friend join me on this crazy adventure. I consider this a bonus because having someone to partner with makes me accountable to someone other than myself, and that helps keep me on track. Hopefully, it will do the same for her.

The trick is to remind myself of why I'm doing this, especially during times of weakness. I must not focus on those things I shouldn't eat, but rather should relish those things that will help me achieve my weight loss and fitness goals. And most importantly, I must not tell myself I can't eat something, but rather that I don't want to eat it. After all, "nothing tastes as good as thin!" (and by thin, I actually mean fit and healthy!!)

Here's to tackling twenty pounds!

Share

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
02 April, 2010 14:57

Keep up the hard work - no doubt you can do it! Looking good my friend.

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.