Girl Time, Girlie Food

My husband went out of town this past weekend, to spend some time with the guys and get in touch with his "wild at heart" man.

This meant I had the weekend to myself and I chose to spend it in one of my favorite ways; hanging out with my girlfriends eating girlie food.

Yes. Girlie food.

There are some things guys, my husband in particular, just prefer not to eat. Don't ask me why. It's perfectly respectable food. Still, apparently it's not manly. Therefore, I eat this "girlie" food whenever my husband is out of town, or any other chance I have to enjoy girl time.

Started the day by putting together my favorite quiche. It's chock full of all kinds of goodies.

There's bacon.


And butter. Ah, butter. You make everything right.



We also have onions. Sweet. Softened in butter. Delicious.


And finally mushrooms and artichokes. Oh my.


All this encased in egg, cream, and swiss cheese, and we have a beautiful quiche.




Now, a girl cannot live on quiche alone. 
So we had the quintessential girl food - salad.
But not just any salad. This was my special spinach and fruit salad, topped with delightful chevre cheese crumbles and lightly drizzled with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.


With these tasty dishes as our main entrees, I had to find something equally delicious as a starter, but something that could also serve as a snack tray.

I decided on a fruit and cheese tray. Raspberries, apple slices, grapes, and strawberries all complimented the smoked gouda, brie, and creamy chevre decorating this noshing tray.



Of course, girl time is just not girl time without the absolute, must have, girl food - chocolate!

This truffle tray:


and these spicy Mexican chocolate soufflés,




were the perfect finish for an awesome afternoon with my girlfriends.

Ladies, if you don't already have a girl day established in your routine, I highly recommend it, if for no other reason than to have an excuse to partake of these girlie treats among your girlie friends

Here's to the power of girls, and their food!

Share

1 comments:

Unknown said...
01 April, 2010 11:41

Another one I missed! I do like the part about the chocolates, wine and mexican souffles. :-P Blue

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.