A New Level of Commitment

I am good at starting things. This is something I know. Soon you will know it, too, if you've not already figured it out.

What this tells me is that I have a commitment issue. I can start a new diet, but usually within a few days, I will go off track. Much to my detriment, I assure you.

I've learned that a big part of keeping a commitment is how I approach any given situation.
Example: if I go to the gym with the intent of riding the stationary bike for 10 miles, and then, after only 5 minutes on said bike I find myself bored or tired, it's really easy to get up and walk away. I know. I've done it.

BUT, if I get on my real bike and head down the street and around the corner and I wind up riding 5 miles away, well, then I have to ride 5 miles back. There's no cheating. And I don't bring my cell phone with me, so that I don't cop out of the ride halfway and call someone to come pick me up.

So, what's the point.

Well, for the first time in my adult life, I now own a scale. yep. the dreaded machine that tells you your weight. I've never owned one.

But I knew that I was out of excuses for not getting fit. And I had to commit in a big way.

Small step, I know. But it feels HUGE.

Will let you know how that plays out.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.