Bad Knees, a Bike Ride, and Mini Meatloaves

After seven days of doing the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout, my knees finally said "no more."
Now clearly they didn't actually say that, as my knees can't talk, but the pain in them every time I tried to do a jumping jack spoke loud and clear to me. Thus, I am sad to report that I have skipped the Shred this weekend. I need to give my knees a break. In fact, my knees needed the break so badly that I didn't work out at all on Saturday. I even considered not working out today. But that was as far as that went.

I heard somewhere, recently, that every day you don't work out makes you weaker. Well, I've fought too hard to make the progress I've made, and I can't afford to get weaker. I knew it was important that I get some kind of workout in today, so I hopped on my bike and took off on my 10 mile ride. I finished it in 20 minutes less time than I normally complete the ride, which means I'm getting faster. This really made my day. I didn't burn as many calories as I normally do, but I think that may be because it was a shorter workout, even if it was the same distance. I'm not letting the number of calories bug to much, though, because the goal was to workout, and I met that goal.

Once I got home, I was ready to eat! I still had to cook and was grateful that tonight's dinner, Italian mini meatloaves and fresh, steamed green beans, was super easy to put together, was very filling and incredibly delicious, and was super low carb!

The first two weeks of this new *lifestyle* have returned incredible results! I've lost twelve pounds which is twelve percent of the total amount of weight I want to lose AND I've done it in just under two weeks. Now, I know better than to expect these results every week. But even if I lose 10 pounds a month for the next nine months, I'll have met my goal in the timeframe I set. That would be HUGE!

But, the key to my success lies in my faith in God and in making sure I take it ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Here's to being healthy! :-D

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.