Photography Contests


My wonderful husband gave me a new camera for Valentine's Day, prompting me to start shooting again. This has led me to start thinking more about my photography, and I realized that I really want to work on this craft. I call myself a photographer, but often get so frustrated with my own work that I don't feel the "title" is adequate. An amateur at best, I have so much to learn, yet over time, I've found that some of the best ways to learn are:

1. Shoot more
2. Offer up your work for critiques
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 as often as possible

To this end, I have decided it's time to enter some photography contests. Some of these make my work available to a vast audience, and if I'm lucky, some of the people that view my work might be able to offer up some constructive criticisms.

One such contest is being hosted by Frommer's, you know, the organization that creates those awesome travel guides? Well, this contest is for a Frommer's book cover. First prize is awarded $5,000 and the winning image will grace the cover of a future Frommer's guide. As my travel photography is one of my larger bodies of work, I figured this would be a great way to get my feet wet. I can enter as many images as I'd like between now and March 31, 2010.

If you're interested in offering up some suggestions from my work for entry into the competition, you can view my work on:

My Facebook fan page

Or on my photography website

If you're interested in checking out the competition, including my entries so far, visit Frommer's contest site, and if you stumble upon one of my images, feel free to leave a comment!

This has been a shameless plug, I know, but rest assured that your support is deeply appreciated!

AND, if you're a fellow photographer, I encourage you to submit your work! I mean, we're talking $5,000 and a book cover!

Happy snapping, shutterbugs!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.