Something New

Can we talk? I mean, can we talk?!

I hate sweating. And when I say hate, I mean detest. Loathe. Sucks to be me, since living in Texas means you can plan to be sweaty at least seven to eight months out of the year. And if you actually want to be outside? Well, let's just say there will be times when you'll actually think you're melting.

Today, because I was being plagued by the mean crazies, again, I had to get over my hate and get outside, as the only thing that ever helps with the mean crazies is running. And not treadmill running in some stinky, stuffy gym. Oh good grief no.

What I needed was wide open space. The sky above me, the crazy hot road beneath my feet. The smell of honeysuckle, fresh cut grass, and someone grilling steaks. The sound of dogs barking and kids playing. The sun beating down on my face and shoulders. The heat crashing into my lungs like liquid fire with every breath. These are the things that help clear my head and spirit.

As my breathing started to follow the rhythmic pattern of my footfalls, and the sweat poured down my face, I was struck by something new. For the first time I can ever recall, I didn't mind the sweat. I almost welcomed it, feeling as if my own personal demons were being cleansed out of me along with the other toxins sweat clears out. There was something purifying happening, and it was overdue and so very welcome.

I almost didn't run today as a result of the mean crazies. Instead, I grit my teeth, gathered my will and determination, laced up my shoes, popped in some tunes and hit the road. I'm glad I did. Turns out I'm a slightly more clear headed person for it. I'm sure those around me are grateful.

Here's to a hot, sweaty run!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.