A Cure All

Welcome to Texas summer, where an early June day will greet you with 92 degree temperatures and 55% humidity, and it only gets hotter and steamier from here.

Today, because I had a head full of the crazies, I decided it was time to get back to running. Yes, in the aforementioned heat and humidity. Yes, I'm a little crazy. Okay, a lot. But that's really beside the point, don't you think?

But I digress. My craziness is not the point of the post, at least not this post.

With my shoes laced up, my running tunes queued and ready to play, I headed out, jaw set, chin high, and ready to run into the sunset. As my feet hit the pavement, I could hear the crazies in my head shouting for my attention, a mad, swirling mob doing its best to distract me. With every step I tried to drown out the insanity. And would you believe? The longer and harder I ran, the easier it became to eradicate the lunacy lurking in the cobwebbed corners of my mind. Until the sun and humidity made me feel as if I was sucking down massive quantities of watery air with each painful breath. And after another quarter mile? Focus was fixated on breathing and making sure my knees and ankles didn't give out on me, or I didn't re-injure my feet and wind up with plantar fasciitis again, or my brain didn't completely melt in the crazy heat.

I may not have completely eliminated the crazies that like to camp out in my mind but I've at least stomped them into submission long enough to get me sanely to the next run. And I'm convinced that running, or walking, or cycling, or any other form of exercise in the sweltering outdoors of a Texas summer will cure just about anything life can throw my way.

Here's to the all natural, and completely legal, endorphin high!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.