Mobile Blogging: Coming Home

After a crazy day yesterday, cancelled flight, bumped from new flight,
a six hour wait to get re-booked for a flight the next day and a hotel
for the night, I can honestly say I am more than ready to be back home.

This morning found us at the Newark Airport no less than three and a
half hours early for our flight. Bad calculation on my part for what
traffic and the commute would look like from a time perspective. No
matter. We made it, cleared security, and patiently waited for our
flight home.

With the risk of getting bumped again quite high, I resolved to make
the most of the situation. My Kindle and iPhone fully charged, I had
several entertainment options available to me. Watch a movie? Read a
book? Surf the Web? All I really wanted to do is sleep.

As the time for boarding approached, and after watching many flights
go out maxed to capacity and passengers continued being bumped from
flights, my anxiety grew. I just had to be home today. Not only
because I had to work but because I missed my husband and fur babies
something fierce.

By the grace of God we made it onto the flight and with only a one
hour delay, made it home safely. Claiming our luggage was also a
breeze (it came home on our flight yesterday, without us) and before I
knew it, I was at long last home.

I enjoyed my trip to the big city and hanging out with my friend, but
I'm learning that the max I can normally stand to be away from my
beloved husband and furry little pets is likely three days. Anything
beyond that and I become quite cranky. Just ask my friend, she'll tell
you.

It really is true, you know: "there's no place like home."

Here's to coming home!


Sent from my iPhone

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.