30 Days of Thanks: Days 1 and 2

This year it seems the big thing on the social networking sites is to note, daily and for the month of November, what one is thankful for. I love this idea! Granted, I have things to be grateful and thankful for every day of the year, but taking a month to share some of these things with friends, to declare to my tiny universe what I is meaningful to me, well, what's not to love?

Without further ado...

Day 1 - My Family
I am always grateful for my family - but as I get a little older, I have come to appreciate them in ways I never thought possible. My mom's strength and patience. My dad's unconditional love. My brother's support. My husband's love and ability to make me laugh. All of my in-laws, for accepting me as a part of their own family. When it comes right down to it, no matter how amazing my life is, or isn't, it is my family that I want to share the good and bad times with.

Day 2 - The Insanity of not One, but TWO jobs
In an economy when people are being forced to make career changes they wouldn't otherwise make, or are having a hard time finding work in the first place, I am deeply grateful that I have two jobs. Though I often complain about all the work I have, I am actually grateful that I have this to complain about, for I know the alternative would be much worse.

I've learned not to take God's gifts for granted, and even more importantly, to understand that everything that comes from God is a gift, though it may not always feel that way. Being overworked has been good for me, so long as I remember to balance it with a dose of quiet time for Him, for me, and for my small family.

Here's to an awesome Thanksgiving month!

Share

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.