Monet

Monet built a garden. He created it as a place of inspiration for his paintings. It is said he spent his whole life trying to capture, in paint, the light in his garden, particularly as reflected in the pond, amidst the water lilies.

I get this. Behind my house there is a cemetery. And in this cemetery there is a tree. I think of it as my tree. In winter, this tree stands naked, but beautiful. Mostly, I think, because of the way light gets caught in it's branches. I am captivated by this light, this tree. It is a gift and, like Monet, I am fascinated with capturing the light as it evolves in the branches of this tree.

Tonight's work? Pure joy. Each of these was shot through the lens of my iPhone 4's Hipstamatic.











I expect this endeavor will continue, for the light, it is ethereal and everchanging. And I am lost to it.

Here's to Monet and his inspiration!

Share


0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.