A Quickie

We've been on vacation for near on two days now. And so far the highlight of our trip has been finding a Starbucks in a nearby neighboring town from where we're staying! Not really. But it is pretty exciting to have connectivity again. And the blended java drink I am sipping on as I type doesn't hurt either.

Life in Two Rivers, Wisconsin, is considerably slower than our day to day life. Seems people here aren't in a real hurry to do much of anything. Now this, in my humble opinion, is a good thing. Don't get me wrong. These folks work hard. During the crazy cold winter months I suspect life is excruciatingly hard, with harsh winters that keep people indoors for the better part of five months. But they take their life one day at a time, taking time out to enjoy the milder summer months on the lake, and refuse to get caught up in the hustle and bustle that consumes big city folk.

It's an adjustment, even for my husband and I. We find ourselves compelled to be doing something at pretty much all times: running, cycling, golfing, hydroplaning (more on the madness that is hydroplaning in a future post), fishing. See what I mean? I'm tired just writing about all the stuff we want to do.

Between you and I, what I really want to do is find myself a nicely shaded Adirondack chair on the beach, kick back with a big cup of coffee and my ebook, and read with the sound of Lake Michigan's waves crashing on the shore. I can't imagine anything more perfect, unless of course I can have a hammock nearby when the need for a nap takes over. Mmmm.... Yeah, must definitely make time for some down time. (Anyone else pondering the paradox of that besides me?)

This has been a delightful trip so far. I've enjoyed spending time with my husband, meeting family and friends he hasn't seen in maybe more than twenty years. And even all the stuff we're doing has been fun, because we're doing it together. Though I may have to take a pass on the hydroplaning. That looks crazy. I'll post photos later. You'll see.

Here's to downtime that's filled with new adventurers!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Share



0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.