A New Adventure

My husband and I are about to embark upon a new adventure, I think. But before I tell you about it, I want to give you a bit of background.

When my husband and I bought our home, we prayed that it would be a house that served God, a house where the doors were always open to those in need. We intended it to be a place of ministry, and we try to always make it a place where God is honored and glorified. We've hosted Russians from our sister church in Penza, Russia. We've prepared holiday feasts for those that need a place to celebrate. We've held Bible study groups here. And now, we take on our newest, and possibly our biggest, adventure.

A friend of mine is currently going through some changes in her world. In an effort to make her life a little easier, we've offered her a place to live for a few months while she sorts out some stuff and figures out her next move. Yes, you read that right. We're getting a roommate. GULP.

I haven't had a roommate since 1989. And my husband has never had a roommate. This will prove to be interesting, I'm sure.

And though she's my friend, I know there will be some challenges, for her as much as for us. I've asked her for permission to blog about this experience, and she agreed (I think), provided I do not use her real name. Fair enough. I'll simply refer to her as Numero Cuatro. Number Four. It's my nickname for her, based on where she landed on my speed dial list.

So Numero Cuatro will be moving in sometime in August. She'll be staying in our guest room for about six months. She'll be sharing a bathroom with our cat. And she's not really a fan of cats. Challenge number one. Wonder how it will turn out? Stay tuned!

Here's to new adventures and getting my guest room cleaned out in two weeks!

Posted via BlogPress on my iPad

Share

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top my dyalog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.